|Photo by PhilStar|
The chief said earlier that he was yet to be satisfied with the PNP’s accomplishments in their anti-drug campaign.
As of writing, 600,000 have surrendered to the police since President Rodrigo Duterte took office on July 1, 2016.
Statistics from the PNP showed that from July 1 to Sept. 14, 712,730 drug personalities, 659,868 users and 52,862 pushers had surrendered to the police in its nationwide implementation of “Oplan Tokhang.”
Drug suspects killed in official operations total 1,506 while 16,891 have been arrested in 17,992 antinarcotics operations.
The victims of vigilante killings have reached 2,035 as of press time.
The PNP has also visited almost one million houses of those in the list of suspects under Tokhang.
Dela Rosa says he frequents regional visits to “motivate the police to “quadruple” their efforts in the drug war.
“Six months lang binigay sa atin ni President Duterte to eradicate the drug menace in our country. Hindi natin alam six months na pala at talo pala tayo, hindi natin kinaya ang war on drugs diba. Kaya iniikot ko talaga para i-motivate ang kapulisan,” he said. MJM
Bato to PNP: Give me 1.8 surrenderers in six months Reviewed by FilipiNews PH on Thursday, September 15, 2016 Rating: