She said that the mainstream media failed to present how "warmly" Duterte was welcomed by China.
|Photo by Rappler|
A banquet was also prepared for Duterte where "Yao Ming and a host of other top Chinese celebrities were invited to show the Philippine delegation just how much our president’s 180 degree turn in foreign policy means to them,".
She also said that even among ordinary Chinese citizens, the warmth can be felt by Filipinos.
""You're from the Philippines?", a taxi driver asked my friend’s uncle. And when he said yes, it was as if he were some long lost brother. And the usual gushing over our president."
She said this was not the case during Aquino's term where the Chinese despised the country for not having saved their countrymen who were involved in the Manila hostage taking crisis, and they were not even given an apology.
Badoy said we have come so far in months, which is the Duterte way.
"Where before we had a most toxic bilateral relations with China and where we regarded each other with hostile suspicion, and where they looked down on us as a weak and inferior nation of maids they didn't have to treat well and banana sellers they could jerk around—a nation they couldn’t respect for being such a lapdog to the Americans, there now exists between us and them-- warmth, respect, and the desire to forge a stronger, mutually beneficial partnership."
China has lended the country 25 billion USD in soft loans.
"It will generate jobs so that as few Filipinos as possible gets left behind. Construction, tourism, education and in the interim that we're still unable to bring home our OFWs, China has opened overseas jobs for Filipinos." she said.
"And yet that 25 billion USD is just the tip of the ice berg for us—this is what my friends, successful self made business people said to me." she added.
Badoy said that flights to China have increased and cultural changes at at work.
Scarborough shoal is also free of Chinese coast guards, Filipinos are now free to fish.
The military facility in the area is also being stopped from construction.
The Philippines has gained 15-billion in economic deals and 9-billion in soft loans.
Trade Secretary Ramon Lopez disclosed that the $15 billion worth of investment projects signed were as follows:
• Subic-Clark railway project by Bases Conversion and Development Authority (BCDA) and China Harbour Engineering Co.
• Bonifacio Global City-Ninoy Aquino International Airport Segment of Metro Manila Bus Rapid Transit-EDSA project by BCDA and China Road and Bridge Corp.
• BCDA-China Fortune Land Real Estate project (memorandum of understanding);
• Safe and smart city projects for BCDA by BCDA and Huawei Technologies
• Transportation and logistics infrastructure at Sangley Point by Cavitex Holdings, International Container Terminal Services Inc. and China Harbour Engineering
• Joint venture agreement of Jimei Group of China and Expedition Construction Corp. for infrastructure projects
• North Negros biomass and South Negros biomass project by North Negros Biopower and Wuxi Huaguang Electric Power Engineering
• Globe Telecom projects to improve network quality and capacity
• Jin Jiang hotel room capacity expansion from 1,000 to 2,000 by Double Dragon Properties and Hotel of
• Joint development project on renewable energy by Columbus Capitana and China CAMC Engineering
• New Generation Steel Manufacturing Plant by Mannage Resources and SIIC Shanghai International Trade HK;
• Joint venture on steel plants by Global Ferronickel and Baiyin International
• Renewable energy projects by Xinjiang TBEA Sunoasis
• Davao coastline and port development project by Mega Harbor Port and Development and China Harbour Engineering;
• Manila Harbour Center reclamation by R-II Builders Inc. and China Harbour Engineering
• Cebu International and Bulk Terminal project by Mega Harbour Port and CCCC Dredging Company
• Cabling manufacturing facilities by MVP Global Infrastructure Group and Suli Grp Ltd.
• Manila EDSA Bus Transportation program by Phil State Group and Yangtse Motor group and Minmetals International
• Hybrid rice production by SL Agritech and Jiangsu Hongqi Seed Inc.
• Bus manufacturing facility by Zhuhai Bus and Coach Co.
• Banana plantation project by AVLB Asia Pacific and Shanghai Xinwo Agriculture Development Co.
• 300MW Pulangi-5 Hydro Project by Greenergy
Co. and Power China Guizhou Engineering Corp.
• Pasig River, Marikina River and Manggahan Floodway bridges construction project by Zonar Construct and SinoHydro;
• Ambal Simuay sub-river basin flood control project by One Whitebeach Land Development and Sino Hydro;
• Nationwide island provinces link bridges by Zonarsystems and PowerChina Sino Hydro; and
• Railway project (study) by MVP Global Infrastructure group and China Railway Engineering Corp.
"An expected 2 million jobs will be generated in the next 5 years. Certainly not something to scoff at. Peace and stability in Asia where just about a year ago, hostilities were the order of the day with the giant, China, breathing down our necks." she wrote.
She said to be added to this are the intangibles: international renown and gratitude amongst nations.
"Peace and stability for the global community—most certainly with our Asian brothers and sisters."
"The country that was seen and therefore treated as an American lapdog (because it truly was), one of the world’s top whipping boy, given no respect, harassed in international borders, made to form a different and separate line in international airports—suddenly this country, because of a president who truly believes we are more than what it is we’ve become, well, the world is taking a better, more respectful stance towards us."
She ended her post by saying that Duterte is a "top rate political strategist."
Source: Lorraine Marie T. Badoy
Doctor and human rights advocate: There is now warmth and respect between PH and China Reviewed by FNPH Correspondent on Saturday, November 05, 2016 Rating: